Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First Day!

After landing in Istanbul after a 13 hour flight my family decided it would be a good idea to walk around and go sightseeing. We got an awful lot done in part of one day; we went on a cruise around the Bosphorous, walked around the spice bazaar, and discovered how gross the public bathrooms are here. You have to pay to use the bathrooms here, but for some reason they don't clean them... Anywayyyy it is absolutely gorgeous here- thousand times better than the pictures and it gets really confusing because every mosque looks exactly the same so you can't really tell which one is which. I can see one from our apartment, but I have NO idea which one it is. Speaking of our apartment, the view is absolutely insane- you can see the Bosphorous river, a mosque, hundreds of seagulls trying to eat me from my balcony and old men walking around with their shirts off. We live in a really local/ residential area and people go about their business without worrying who is going to see. I FINALLY got my camera back today from my sister after 4 months (she was studying abroad here) and it felt reallyyyy good to be able to take pictures again. I still have to get into the swing of things, but no doubt I am super excited. Enough of my horrible writing, time for pictures!!!

View from our room!






View of mosque from a local flower market

Turkish Delights!

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing! Great photography! I can't believe you have to pay to use unsanitary bathrooms, it's a bit ridiculous! I hope you're enjoying your stay!

    ReplyDelete