Sunday, June 2, 2013

T-2 Days

The packing has begun! My father tried to convince me of taking only 3 pairs of jeans, 4 shirts and 2 pairs of shoes, but I'm a girl. My being a girl and a Muslim girl at that forces me to have to take short dresses, long dresses, high-low dresses, maxi skirts, shirts, cardigans, boots, sandals, flip flops, leggings, jeans and finally a makeup kit. When it comes to being a Muslim girl the struggle is real. Not only do we have to dress modestly, we have to look good while doing it. I don't know about you, but the most fashionable girls I have ever met are hijabis. They really know how to match their outfits to their makeup to their hijabs, it's a god given talent. Now I don't wear hijab, but I try. Annyywwayyy I am going abroad in a couple of days to see the countries I have been dying to see for the LONGEST TIME. I enjoy photography so this trip gives me the opportunity to take pictures of the most beautiful and historic landmarks known to man. I am not going to tell you exactly where I am going, but you will find out along the way. I leave in a couple of days and I am SUPER EXCITED. Hopefully everything will go according to plan, you know with the flights and all. I plan to dazzle Europe with my strange taste in rap music and my awesome sense of humor. I am easily amused and I tend to amuse myself by doing silly things; I plan to climb the Spanish Steps while singing "Started from the bottom now I'm here," just so I can say that I did it #bucketlist 

I thought I should entertain you with the list of clothing items I am bringing on my trip, I warn you it is extraneous, ready?

  • 3 dresses (all of different lengths)
  • 1 maxi skirt (pleated if you must know #supercute)
  • 2 plain t-shirts (to wear under all my dresses, you know gotta keep it modest)
  • 3 blouses (gotta keep it fancy ya feel)
  • 2 pairs of jeans
  • 2 pairs of sandals
  • 1 pair of flip flops
  • 1 pair of boots
  • 2 cardigans (still keeping it modest)
  • 2 pairs of leggings
  • 2 handbags (crossbody and over the shoulder)
  • My makeup/ jewelry kit - you have no idea how many pairs of earrings I am taking
Since this is mostly going to be a photo blog I thought I should include a photo to kick things off 



2 comments: